Members and guests present: Pat Argo, Kathy Brown, Cindy Chihasz, Shirley Crawford, Sarah Dobson, Paula Dorn, Linda Goldstein, Mary Alice Hall, Anne Horton, Karen Hyatt, Barbara Littell, Jean Vinson McMurtury, Sabra Price, Geri Regan, Jeanne Russell, Teri Walker, Vanessa Wideman
Sarah Dobson welcomed everyone.
Pat Argo led our devotion, Season of Hope. Prayer requests were taken, and a silent prayer for Hope.
Minutes were read and approved.
Kathy Brown gave our treasurers report: Beginning Balance $759.89
· Name tags – Guild members will make name tags at our January 12th meeting. Teri will give us a list of materials at our December meeting that we will need for this project. Jean McMurtury will bring her embroidery machine to do the names.
· QOV Retreat in Toccoa, GA is January 16 – 18. Jeanne Russell will not be able to attend and is offering her spot to anyone that would like to attend. Please see Sarah if you are interested.
· National Sew Day is February 7. This is a Saturday. Will be a work day to make quilt tops for QOV. Will try to hold the day at Little Mountain Presbyterian Church in the Fellowship Hall. Lunch?
· Anyone that has made QOV blocks should give them to Kathy.
· Meals on Wheels raffle quilt – quilting is complete. There was a small hole made in the backing removing stitches that were not good. It has been suggested and recommended by members to cover this small opening with our label for the quilt. There was also an issue with the backing being too short on one side as the quilt was being quilted. It was patched with an extra strip. This is so close to the edge and members recommended just binding and it will not be noticeable. This quilt has been a learning experience and we will consider this when planning future quilts for donation or raffle. Pat had previously volunteered to complete the binding. Pictures will be made of completed quilt and attached to envelopes for money collection by members. Be sure to log in the numbers for the tickets that you receive and plan to sell.
· Update on our guild joining QOV foundation: mission is to cover our veterans and service members with comfort and healing with Quilt of Valor, being a member allows the foundation to accurately track quilts and monies donated and the recipients of those quilts, it enables the groups raising monies to utilize 100% of the funds raised, and it allows the group to receive discounts for supplies used to make Quilts of Valor. Individuals that join receive a membership card and access to QOV merchandise at a special rate and first-hand knowledge about upcoming QOVF special events. Several members joined. Checks should be made to Abbeville Piecemakers Guild and one check from the guild will be sent to the foundation.
· Meeting for January may be held at Little Mountain Presbyterian Church. This would be January 12. White Elephant Sale will be held as a fund raiser for our guild. Members are asked to be gently used and unwanted sewing/quilting items (rulers, fat quarters, fabric, tools, etc.) to sell for $1.00, $5.00, and/or $10.00. Please price your items. Tables will be provided. Good time to find bargains!
· Our February Guild meeting will be held on Saturday, Feb. 7, 2015 at Little Mountain Presbyterian Church. This will be the same day as our QOV Sew Day. A block pattern needs to be decided on for the QOV Sew Day.
Birthday wishes for the month of December go to Jeanne Russell for 12/2.
Show and Tell items were presented to the group by: Shirley Crawford, Cindy Chihasz, and Karen Hyatt.
Members enjoyed a wonderful spread of goodies for the Christmas feast. Everyone enjoyed our Dirty Santa gift exchange and our fat quarter exchange.
Cindy Chihasz, Secretary