Members and guests present: Pat Argo, Kathy Brown, Gertie Carroll, Madeline Carroll, Cindy Chihasz, Sarah Dobson, Paula Dorn, Mary Alice Hall, Anne Horton, Barbara Littell, Jean Vinson McMurtury
Sarah Dobson welcomed everyone.
Pat gave our devotion on Freedom, took prayer requests and shared with us the “Lighter Side.”
No updates were made to minutes from June.
Treasurer’s Report was given by Kathy Brown. Beginning Balance: $546.75
- 32.00 (flowers)
Ending Balance: 514.75
· Shop Hop – Is anyone interested in attending? It would start July 22. Contact Sarah if you would like to go.
· Our space is confirmed for the Oct. 17 for Hogs and Hens Festival. Sign up for your time to help in August and confirm in September.
· Barbara Littell gave us several suggestions for items to make for the bazaar:
Reversible Steering wheel cover – four seasons
Christmas Tree pot holder
Snap Happy bags – Using a pattern
· Barbara Littell will have our program in August.
· Quilt Display at the Chamber of Commerce – The Artist Guild bought the wall at the chamber and the guild has been asked to bring pieces of work to fill the wall. This wall will be available all summer and the guild can remove and add new pieces to keep it fresh and allow all members to participate.
· QOV - Persons needing quilts: Mack Jones, Chris Miller
Steve Jones, Bill Anderson
Larry Grant, Rayford Ellis
Jean to Jim Vinson and Haskell Gibson
6 men from Little Mountain Presbyterian Church - done
Marion Argo and Bobby Fisher – done
Ed Davis - done
Quilt kits have been cut by Sarah for QOV. Be sure to sign to get one.
· Discussion was held and a motion was made by Barbara Littell to accept the list of suggested offices and officers and the quarterly business meeting format. Jean McMurtury seconded the motion. The vote was unanimous. Officers for 2015 -2016 were elected at the July meeting and the new format for business meetings was also approved. The following members have agreed to be considered for the following offices and committees:
President – Jeanne Russell Fundraisers and Festivals – Paula Dorn,
Secretary – Barbara Littell Programs – Cindy Chihasz
Treasurer – Kathy Brown Publicity – Sabra Price
Chaplin – Pat Argo QOV - Jean McMurtury, Anne Horton
Retreats/Trips – Sarah Dobson
Sunshine Girl – Barbara Littell
· Show and tell: Paula Dorn, Jean McMurtury, Pat Argo
· Pillow cases are needed for QOV presentation quilts.
· Cindy Chihasz gave a lesson on wool felt embroidery at the July 13th meeting, sunflower mug mat.
Respectfully submitted, Cindy Chihasz, secretary