Members and guests present: Pat Argo, Kathy Brown, Gertie Carroll, Cindy Chihasz, Sarah Dobson, Paula Dorn, Anne Horton, Jean Vinson McMurtury, Geri Regan, Teri Walker, Mary Alice Hall, and three guests.
Sarah Dobson welcomed everyone and introduced our three guests from Greenwood.
Gertie Carroll led our devotion about her journey with cancer. Pat Argo took our prayer requests and led us in prayer.
Minutes from the March meeting were approved.
Treasurer’s Report was not given.
· French Huguenot Festival– April 17 and 18 – Cynthia Jefferies has offered us a free spot next door to Maria’s. Hours to be worked are: 12-7 on Friday and 9-7 on Saturday.
Friday: 12-2: Geri and Sarah Saturday: 10-12: Jean McMurtury
2-4: Barbara and Kathy 12-2:
4-6: Cindy, Paula 2-4: Barbara
· There will be a Pancake Breakfast at the VFW on Saturday April 25, 2015 and a Quilt of Valor will be presented to Jimmy Ellis.
· Abbeville Spring Festival – May 1st and 2nd - Sign-up to sell tickets for the raffle quilt.
Friday: 10-12: Geri Saturday: 10-12:
2-4: Paula, Cindy 2-4: Jean, Gertie
· December 12, 2015 will be the Meals on Wheels fundraiser at the Abbeville Livery Stable. Guild members decided to change our give away of the guild quilt to this date instead of the spring festival date. This will allow more time for ticket sales. Guild members should think of craft and food items to sell for fundraising for Meals on Wheels at this function.
· QOV Magnets – This is a fundraiser. Our guild has paid $4.00 for the magnets and will sell them for $8.00. This money will go to the guild for QOV.
· The May 11th meeting will be held at Little Mountain Presbyterian Church at 9:30 – 2:00. Debbie Mayer will be our guest and she has volunteered to present a lesson on free motion quilting.
· Cindy Chihasz read a list of 20 items from “100 Things a Quilter Should Do Before They Die.” We will continue the “bucket list” items at the next meeting.
· QOV pins and membership cards and numbers for members were given out by Sarah.
· Envelopes with a picture of the Raffle quilt were given out along with tickets to sell.
Tickets are $1.00 each of 6 for $5.00. Be sure that persons purchasing tickets give their full name and telephone. Number for each ticket they purchase.
Show and Tell items were presented to the group by: Teri Walker, Geri Regan, Anne Horton, and Sarah Dobson.
Our members left as a group to attend a tour of the Burk-Stark Mansion to view the home and featured quilts.
Respectfully submitted, Cindy Chihasz, Secretary