Members and guests present: Pat Argo, Kathy Brown, Gertie Carroll, Cindy Chihasz, Sarah Dobson, Paula Dorn, Anne Horton, Jean Vinson McMurtury, Barbara Littell
Sarah Dobson welcomed everyone.
Pat Argo led our devotion, prayer requests and prayer.
Minutes from the February meeting were approved.
Treasurer’s Report was not given. Kathy Brown had collected $2.00 from the White elephant sale (2-7-15) and $6.00 from Fat quarter raffle (3-9-15).
· QOV Magnets – This is a fundraiser. Our guild has paid $4.00 for the magnets and will sell them for $8.00. This money will go to the guild for QOV.
· QOV Retreat in Winnsboro, SC – May 15 – 17, 2015. There will be a Panel Challenge. Patriotic panels can be purchased for $15.00, this is a fundraiser for QOV, and made into a quilt. (see handout for additional information) The quilts should be turned in by May 1st. They will be judged. Prizes are: 1st place – Featherweight Sewing Machine, 2nd place - $100.00 Faust gift certificate, 3rd place - $50.00 Pieces and Patches (Lexington, SC) gift certificate.
· QOV – National Quilt Museum Quilts of Valor Exhibit, Paducah, Kentucky – August 20 – November 11, 2015.
Please use the following link for details and guidelines on how individuals may submit a quilt for this exhibit:
· Some of the veterans that have been submitted on our QOV list will be transferred to Anderson County because they are residents in Anderson County at Richard Campbell VA Nursing Home.
· December 12, 2015 will be the Meals on Wheels fundraiser at the Abbeville Livery Stable. Guild members decided to change our give away of the guild quilt to this date instead of the spring festival date. This will allow more time for ticket sales. Guild members should think of craft and food items to sell for fundraising for Meals on Wheels at this function.
· Spring Fling – May 1st and 2nd - Negotiations with the City of Abbeville were made to reserve a free table for QOV in the Chamber. Abby Evans has agreed to reserve a space under the awning at the old Ice Cream Parlor.
Sarah will be out of town and someone will have to work out a schedule. Cindy, Paula, and Gertie have agreed to work. Scheduling will be done at the next meeting.
· French Huguenot Festival – April 17 and 18 – Cynthia Jefferies has offered us a free spot next door to Maria’s. Hours to be worked are: 12-7 on Friday and 9-7 on Saturday.
Friday: 12-2: Saturday: 10-12: Jean McMurtury
2-4: Barbara 12-2:
4-6: Cindy, Paula 2-4: Barbara
· The April 13th meeting will be held at the Abbeville Senior Center at 10:00. Plan for a short meeting and we will meet at the Burk Stark House for a tour to look at old quilts. Susan Keaton will be our guide. Cost of the tour is $8.00 per person.
· VFW will give us a place to set up next to them at various functions in the future.
· Barbara secured information for us to create a logo for our Piecemakers Quilt Guild. A quilt block will be selected to represent and to incorporate our name. Members are asked to suggest their favorite quilt block to the meeting so we can decide what will best represent our group. She also wants to add our name to the state and national organization. The group liked this suggestion.
· Anne Horton gave members a pattern and brief instructions for making the iron caddy. After the meeting, a few members stayed to sew and make their caddy.
Birthday wishes for the month of March go to Gertie Carroll (3/14) and Pia Garvin (3/5).
Show and Tell items were presented to the group by: Gertie Carroll, Cindy Chihasz, Anne Horton, and Sarah Dobson.
Respectfully submitted, Cindy Chihasz, Secretary